The past couple days have been so much fun!
It's starting to be really warm out, so we've been playing mostly in the mornings. Today was awesome. Sunny and I started playing with going sideways while on a circle!! It was so warm that we didn't do any Online/Liberty cantering or anything, we just took it easy.
I was able to put the bareback pad on him and send him in a circle! Then we went over and stood on the pedestal, and I tightened the cinch. I took him over to the fence and we did some sideways! I am soo proud of him!! It was such a great bareback pad session. :)
We also did some lead backwards by the leg stuff. He did very, very well. We also did a lot of sideways without the fence, and he actually went sideways out the gate... ! I was like, ok, cool! Sunny LOVES to go sideways. Usually if he doesn't understand what I want him to do, he'll go sideways.
While I was picking his hooves out he was trying to shake off a fly, but it was funny because it was like he was getting ready to bow?! I thought that was pretty fun!! Hmm, the fly that helped the horse learn how to bow! :D
After we played we took them (Sunny, and then my mom and her pony, Terra) out of the pasture and hosed them off on the driveway. I think they both enjoyed that, and Sunny was really hoping that I would let him eat the sweat scraper. We wandered around outside the pasture, did some Zone 3 driving and ate some grass. Honestly, I think I enjoy letting them graze as much as they enjoy eating it! It's really fun bonding time.
Oh, and I also put my red string on the carrot stick for the first time yesterday. Sunny was very curious about the new string and sniffed it. It is so amazing that he is so curious, because when we first got him he was not interested in anything at all. Life just didn't have a meaning. He is so confident and curious now, though!
Well, I'm off to feed them! :) Have a savvy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment